Home Delivery is Available Now
Nelson Grass Farm is now offering Home Delivery option, in addition to our regularly scheduled pickup locations. This is all new to us and we are trying out some options, which may change depending on how this all works for us and you.
Over the winter at one of our farm conferences we attended, I talked with another farmer that used this basic home delivery option. They did the deliveries themselves, delivered into the customers coolers and were able to step into home delivery and bypassing the high expenses of shipping and using shipping companies. Especially for us, we are approximately 70 miles from the Twin Cities, our biggest customer base. Using shipping would be better utilized on a larger scale, where we are not at yet.
So to start out, we are trying once a month delivery in the Twin Cities Metro area and up to the farm. An area that we could accomplish all the deliveries from 8 am – 5 pm. We still will have some added expenses for offering home delivery, that will be reflected in the pricing. It is another day away from the farm, so our time and labor, plus fuel and the possibility of driving over a large area depending on orders.
Home Delivery Details:
This is how it will work.
- We are planning on the 4th Friday of the month. (For the St. Cloud area, delivery will be the 4th Thursday of the month)
- Delivery will be between 8 am and 5 pm to your doorstep.
- You will provide an appropriate size cooler to put your order in.
- We will text you when the order is delivered to your doorstep.
The Nitty Gritty.
- The day before delivery, we will pull your order and update your invoice with the pounds of each meat package.
- You will receive an email the day before, that you need to reply to so that we know you will put a cooler out (and not forget) and except responsibility of your order once we text you your order is delivered.
o If you plan to be gone until after 5 pm and we deliver your order at 8 am, you need to provide an adequate cooler with ice packs to protect your food until you can take your cooler in.
- In the email reply, you will give us a phone number to text on delivery day, if different from your account phone number. If your cooler won’t be visible from your front door, add a note of where the cooler will be located.
- If paying at pickup, leave payment in the cooler. Payment by credit card is available.
- Put your cooler out for us! And enjoy pasture raised meat and eggs from our local Minnesota farm!